To provide a gospel-centered education every day for every student.
Preparing minds and transforming hearts.
- To be a premier Christian school serving the Spokane area with quality education. Northwest Christian Schools is a community of faculty, students, families and supporters who are working together with excellence and a commitment to educate and disciple students to become leaders within the church, community and world.
- Regarding the Bible as God’s inspired, written Word and as foundational to all subjects
- Encouraging students to pursue a relationship with Jesus
- Seeking God’s wisdom and direction through prayer in every decision
- Honoring God in all endeavors
- Providing education marked by excellence in curriculum and instruction
- Encouraging critical thinking through both traditional methods of reading, writing, and speaking as well as innovative 21st century technology
- Honoring our nation’s history through foundational documents that reflect Judeo-Christian values, the honoring of our Creator, and the honoring of our country and its leaders
- Preparing students for college and career through a host of rigorous courses including Advanced Placement and Dual College Credit options
- Exemplifying Christ-like character demonstrating integrity, personal holiness, and love for others
- Helping students reach their full potential in Christ through love, encouragement, nurture, and accountability
- Supporting and partnering with each family and local church
- Mentoring each student through positive relationships
Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God. For purposes of Northwest Christian’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Board of Regents is Northwest Christian’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
The accumulated interpretive conclusions of the Board of Regents regarding various cultural issues (i.e. gender and marriage) are available in the addendum Statements of Practical Application.
Established in 1949, serving ages 12 months through 12th grade & Homeschool.
Approximately 750 students representing over 50 churches from the Spokane area.
Teachers Washington State Certified
Teacher/Student Ratio of 13:1
Washington State Approved
School Mascot: Crusader
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God…” (Ephesians 6:10-11)
- Our main campus is beautifully-situated on 116 scenic acres north of Spokane. The campus offers an attractive setting to learn and explore. The overall property includes a beautiful new Lower Campus facility complete with Pre-School through 8th grade as well as the Upper Campus. The Upper Campus houses NWCS High School, which includes a large academic building, offices, a chapel, athletic fields, and an activity center/gymnasium.
- Our Cedar Campus is situated in the city of Spokane near 5 Mile and is easily accessible by Maple or Francis Avenue. The Cedar Campus (formerly the Central Campus) hosts Pre-School through 2nd grade and is complete with classrooms, a chapel, gymnasium, and athletic fields.